This warehouse in Barnsley, South Yorkshire required the floor joints to be replaced and renewed as part of the ongoing dilapidation process carried out between client and tenant. Level Best Concrete Flooring the warehouse dilapidation specialist contractors were initially called in to offer guidance and expertise during the initial dilapidation process to assist tenant and client in reaching an amicable decision.
The works involved removing some of the joints within the warehouse floors and replacing them with the Heavy Duty Joint Repair system often provided by Level Best to achieve a long lasting joint replacement in busy warehouses, heavily trafficked by fork lift trucks. The joint repair system offers a smooth transition between the floor joints, minimising fatigue to both fork lift operators and the fork lift truck itself.
The work took the Level Best Floor dilapidation team approximately three weeks to carry out and the full scope of works is detailed below:
- Full depth floor sawing to cut through the concrete
- Drilling and lifting of the slabs via telehandler to remove damaged sections of concrete
- Re compaction and levelling of existing sub base material
- Drilling and doweling into existing slabs with tensile steel bars at close centres
- Installation of new gas membrane system
- Installation of steel profile construction joint to armour and protect the new floor joints
- Supply and compaction of high strength concrete, powerfloated and sealed and subsequently sprayed with sealer compound
- Install sawn induced joints to release stresses within the concrete and control shrinkage
- Clean the entire warehouse floor area with floor scrubber dryers.
For further information on how Level Best Concrete Flooring the warehouse flooring dilapidation specialists can help you with advice and guidance on how to repair and maintain your warehouse concrete floors, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or telephone one of our floor surveying team members on 01405 819199